- 1 cup flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Mix the flax meal and Parmesan (or Romano) cheese in a medium bowl. Add the eggs and stir until a dough is formed. It will be sticky, let it sit for about 5 minutes or so until it’s easier to work with.
- Wet your hands with water to help keep the dough from sticking to them and press onto greased cookie sheet about ⅓ inch thick in a circle. You should get about a 10 inch crust out of it – if it’s a lot smaller than that you are making it too thick.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (F) oven for 8 minutes. Remove.
- Add toppings. Bake for another 15 minutes at 350. Remove.
- Cool. Eat. Swoon.
- 1 recipe Flax & Parmesan Pizza Crust
- ½ cup sugar free marinara sauce
- 1 Italian Sausage Link, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Par-bake the crust as described above.
- Add your toppings and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees (F).
- Cut into 4 pieces. Each piece is considered one serving.
Serving size: 1 piece Calories: 381 Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 24g