- 1 Shank Half Ham, approximately 10 lbs.
- 1 cup raw cranberries
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup sugar free + fiber apricot preserves (I used Polaner)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp tangerine zest
- Combine the cranberries, water, and jam in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 – 7 minutes or until the cranberries have burst and the liquid is thick and bubbling.
- Blend with an immersion blender or in a magic bullet and add the sweetener, tangerine zest, and cardamom and stir well.
- Reserve half the sauce and set aside for serving.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan and add about 2 cups of water to the bottom. Score the fat on the ham in a diamond pattern if desired.
- Brush the ham generously with the glaze. If you have some left save it to baste the ham halfway through baking.
- Bake the ham for 1½ to 2 hours at 350 degrees (F) or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 140 degrees.
- Let your ham rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve the ham with the reserved cranberry sauce.