- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ lb (350 g) cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves (for garnish)
- Fried eggs, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the cauliflower and onion in an even layer and let it cook without stirring until it takes on a little color on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Give it a stir, then add the smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, and water. Cover the skillet and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender but not mushy, and has taken on a golden color, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low, add the garlic, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
- Serve with the parsley sprinkled on top, and add a fried egg if you like.