- 1.5 pounds/24 ounces baby carrots, tops removed, peeled if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (good quality)
- Dash of coarse salt
- Dash of pepper if desired
- Dried or fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper, if you don’t have any just spray it liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse your carrots and pat dry.
- In a medium sized glass bowl (or large if double batching) place the carrots inside.
- In a small glass bowl add the balsamic vinegar, then slowly add the olive oil while whisking with gusto. Do not use aluminum bowls, it doesn’t play well with acidic ingredients. Whisk with gusto until your arm falls off, or your ingredients combine perfectly.
- Now pour the balsamic mix over top off the carrots. Toss the carrots until well coated. Pour them onto the cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and roast them for about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on how crisp or soft you like your carrots, and how thick they are. I did not cut this batch in half since they were not overly thick, but you can do that if you like. I often do. I flip mine halfway through, just so I get that nice caramelised goodness on both sides.
- Remove from oven. Transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with coarse salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve with a big old Vitamin A loving smile!