- 1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!